Botanical extracts have been used as pest controller in replacement of synthetic pesticides. These botanical pesticides has both pros and cons where pros include Rapid degradation and lack of persistence and bioaccumulation in the environment.The diversity and redundancy of phytochemicals in botanical extracts is also useful. Essential oils also act as good repellent fumigant and insecticidal agent. Despite of many pros, they faces many hurdles which includes challenges in testing toxicity on new products, economical supply of plant product, quality control and lack of stability.
- Track 1-1 Traditionally used Botanical Insecticides
- Track 2-2 Pepper Insecticide
- Track 3-3 Rotenone as Biopesticide and Mode of Action
- Track 4-4 Alkaloids Toxicity Against Plants
- Track 5-5 Greek Plants as a Source of Botanical Pesticides